In partnership with the Far Southeast Family Strengthening Collaborative (FSFSC), MLOV will be working to provide residents excluded from Unemployment Insurance (UI) and Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA) with a $1,000.00 cash card or deposit.
As many of you may remember--MLOV along with partners like DC Jobs with Justice fought to secure this critical funding for our neighbors who were left without coverage and economic protection. This win now allows qualifying Returning Citizens released from custody on or after March 11, 2020 to apply.
Who is eligible:
- Residents excluded from Unemployment Insurance (UI) and Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA);
- Qualifying Returning Citizens released from custody on or after March 11, 2020;
- Informal/cash economy workers: day laborers, domestic workers, street vendors, and other cash economy workers;
- Undocumented workers or immigrants without Employment Authorization (EAD).
- A photo ID with name and Date of Birth
- Proof of DC Residency
- Individual Eligibility Documents
- Your Updated Contact Information (phone, email)
Starting as early as TODAY, any eligible resident, can apply at www.DCCARES2021.org or call (202)-332-1264.
Need some assistance?!
Contact MLOV for step by step support with your application or obtaining your necessary documentation.
*Inaccurate applications can result in extremely long wait times for payout, please consider speaking to one of our reps before applying.