Many Languages One Voice (MLOV), was founded in 2010, and our mission is to foster the leadership and greater civic participation of immigrants and refugees who do not speak English as a primary language. We believe an actively engaged community that challenges existing inequities by dominant power is key to achieving systemic change. Thus, we support our members’ leadership and amplify the voice of our most vulnerable members to find solutions to the systemic racial inequities that impact their lives.
MLOV is a leading player in the immigrant rights and justice movement in DC and regularly builds partnerships and coalitions with wide-ranging stakeholders. In addition to nonprofits and community organizations, MLOV works with government officials, agencies, businesses, and worker groups to advance power-building of immigrant communities in DC.
Operations Coordinator: Are you highly organized and detail focused with excellent people skills? Join us as MLOV’s Operations Coordinator! This role will have the opportunity to ensure that our office and general operations function efficiently and smoothly. We are seeking someone who is proactive, comfortable working in a flexible environment, and who can create and foster order and efficiency. This is a great opportunity for someone interested in learning more about nonprofit operations while also being an integral part to making an impact on immigrant communities in DC. If you're ready to streamline our operations and support a growing nonprofit, apply today!
This role is a full-time (40 hours) salaried position. This role offers some limited possibilities for hybrid work. Salary range for this position is between $48,000 - $54,000/year.
An overview of responsibilities is below. Please note this overview may not fully encompass all possible duties, as the work may evolve over time in response to organizational needs and staff member’s development and growth.
- Proactively identify opportunities to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of office operations;
- Greet visitors by welcoming and directing them appropriately, including answering incoming calls, relaying messages, and fielding general inquiries;
- Serve as the liaison with outside vendors/service providers related to operations needs, such as office/space rental, cleaning services, IT services, security services, internet providers, etc.
- Procure and maintain office equipment and supplies, including managing equipment and supplies inventory;
- Receive and process deliveries and mail;
- Troubleshoot minor computer, printer, smart phone, or other equipment issues;
- Troubleshoot minor building and facilities issues (lights, door locks, A/C settings, etc);
- Research any needed equipment and software and make recommendations to the Executive Director;
- Meet office commitments, including bill payments and renewals;
Program and Organizational Support
- Plan and coordinate logistics for select organizational events, such as: annual end of year celebration, annual board and staff retreats, staff happy-hour outings, etc;
- Handle set-up and note taking for recurring staff meetings;
- Support program operations and logistics, as needed (such as: ordering food, recording program attendance, coordinating monthly diaper distribution, etc.)
- Support the Executive Director and/or HR Consultant with staff onboarding;
- Submit check requests and payments for Executive Director;
- Provide support to the Executive Director for expense report and reimbursement request submission (receipt attachment, coding transactions, etc.);
- On occasion, provide support to the Executive Director with meeting scheduling and travel arrangements;
- Provide support to the Executive Director at organizational meetings and events, as needed (for example support with technology at community gatherings, logistical support and note taking at coalition meetings, etc.);
- Respond to general email inquiries about the organization and/or client requests;
- Support in collecting content (photos, videos) to utilize for organizational communications;
- Work with website consultant to make updates to organization website;
- Support the distribution of a periodic (once per year) donor mail-out;
An ideal candidate’s characteristics are below. We recognize that women and people of color may be less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every one of the qualifications as described in a job description. MLOV is most interested in finding the best candidate for the job. We would encourage you to apply, even if you do not believe you meet every one of the qualifications described.
Education and Experience
- At least an associate degree in a related field;
- At least 1 year of experience working in an office setting, preferably at a non-profit organization;
- Experience communicating with diverse audiences, including internal and external stakeholders;
Language and Cultural Skills
- An understanding of and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, and social and racial justice;
- Fluency in a language in addition to English is preferred, especially Spanish, Amharic, French, and/or Mandarin;
Team and Workplace
- Is highly organized and proactive (this is a must);
- Professional written and verbal communications skills, including ability to communicate with internal and external stakeholders confidently;
- Ability to work in a small office environment with a positive, hard-working, flexible attitude and excitement to pitch in when needed;
- Has customer service orientation, working proactively and treating staff and community members with respect and care;
- Ability to work in dynamic environments, making sound judgments when confronted with ambiguity or imperfect information;
- Computer and other standard office equipment skills sufficient to troubleshoot technology issues and set-up workstations;
- Basic knowledge of building/facilities (or willingness to learn) sufficient to troubleshoot issues and communicate with vendors/contractors;
- Able to work evenings and weekends occasionally as necessary;
- Possesses valid driver’s license and is comfortable occasionally driving company provided vehicle (a great plus);
- Possesses or willing to obtain the following background checks:
- Current clear check from DC Child and Family Services Agency (CFSA) Child Protection Registry (CPR)
- Current clear check from Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Criminal Background Check
- Current clear check from Metropolitan Police Department (MPD) Criminal Background Check, and
- Current clear check from National Sex Offender Registry (NSO).
Important to Know: Many Languages One Voice is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. MLOV encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to arrest or conviction, race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, and veteran status. Black and Indigenous people, Immigrants, and other people of color are strongly encouraged to apply. Preference will be given to applicants who live in Washington, DC and understand its unique policy landscape.